Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yuba Labor Day 2008

We went 0ut for the day to visit mom, dad, Deb, Dan, Nikki & Cody at Yuba Lake. We didn't want to camp out there due to the last time we did, we almost lost the boat and the fact that the fishing is so bad this time of year. Anyway, the kids all got to play in the water and sand, we had a really nice dinner (Dan made his terrific rainbow stew), and then we go to have some "real" entertainment when Dan and Marlin had to pull some guy out of the lake. The wind had started blowing real bad and everyone was hurrying to get their boats and sea-doo's on their trailers and this guy had already been stuck a little further down and had to be pulled out by Dan and another truck. Then he came down to where we were at and got stuck again! He had a big four-wheeler in the back of his truck plus a little four-wheeler on the trailer for the sea-doos. Too much weight! Marlin and Dan were eventually successful at pulling him out and we had the biggest crowd of gawkers and supervisors ever!

2 comments:

Holly said...

okay that is scary. Josh at a dance I remember him still as my 10 year old shy scout. I love how you have your page set up super cute. We hope all is well with you guys. we went to Mt. Rushmore on monday it was fun. you will have to visit us. Just to let you know I try to update the blog every Sunday. Love ya and miss ya,

marcystroup said...

Hey Becky! I've been doing a lot better lately. I haven't been to the doctor in a couple months though. They didn't help anyway. I've been taking probiotics and imodium. I've kinda found my own nitch in this problem that seems to be working. I think about you and the rest of the girls at Wasatch. I hope you guys are doing well. I really enjoyed working with you guys. If you ever want to email me: marcystroup@gmail.com. Well hopefully I'll get to see you guys soon. I need to return your beautiful tiara you let me borrow for my wedding and a couple other things I've found around my house. I'm glad you got a blog. I get to keep up with your family. I always like hearing about them. Take care,
Marcy