Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Phew-made it!

Well, I managed to make it through last weekend. Between swim meet and birthday party, the jury was out whether I would make it out alive. But I have overcome!

For those who don't already know, Josh got his very first state cut! That means he finally got a qualifying time to be able to swim in the state swim meet at the end of the season, not just the B-C meet. His qualifying time is for the 200 backstroke. It was quite the surprise because that event wasn't even one he had been trying to qualify for because he had so much time to drop. He managed to drop about 28 seconds and just made the qualifying time! I was so happy that I screamed and ran to him and picked him up and swung him around a couple of times. I'm afraid I made a spectacle of myself but I didn't care. I think I was more excited about it than Josh. I don't know, maybe he was in shock or something. He has another meet this weekend. It will be his last chance to get any more state qualifying times and he has about 4 other events that are pretty close. Should be interesting to see if he gets any more.

As for the birthday party--we had it right after the swim meet got over. He had a really good turn-out. We had hamburgers and sausages, cake & ice cream. He had about 8 of his friends that camped out on the floor and we had pancakes for breakfast. They had a Wii bowling tournament but I don't think there ever was a winner cause they all kept dropping out. They also kept the neighborhood awake till midnight playing "night games." But they had a good time (at least I think they did).

1 comment:

Holly said...

Congratulations Josh!!!!! I am so excited for him.. Man i am glad I moved out of the neighborhood. hehehehe just kidding. we miss you guys. Love ya!