Friday, July 6, 2012

IT'S A CUT!!!!!

4th of July has come and gone...We got up that morning and did some things around the house, washed the vehicles and then went to my mom & dad's for a bbq.  Kinda weird celebrating the 4th on a Weds. and having to go to work the next day.  Too many Mondays!!!  It was all fun though. 

Josh is swimming in another swim meet this week, too.  Yesterday he swam the 200 butterfly, 50 freestyle, and 200 breast stroke.  Not a bad way to start a meet...he dropped 13 seconds and the 200 fly and got a state cut and then turned around and dropped 7 seconds off his 200 breast!  Amazing drops!  I was SO excited I think the whole pool heard me scream!  We had a little delay, too.  Nice little lightning storm stopped the meet for about 45 minuntes.  Today he's swimming the 100 free and 200 I/M.  He has a shot at the state cut for the 100 free so I'm excited to see how he does. I think after yesterday's cut he's going to do good!  Saturday he will be swimming the 100 back, 100 fly, and 200 free.  Got a chance at a couple of state cuts there, too.  Actually, if he keeps doing as well as he is (is this asking too much?) he could get cuts on all 3 on Saturday.  Wouldn't that be AWESOME!!!!!!!

After the meet, we are celebrating Marlin's birthday.  The whole family is coming and we're going to smoke some ribs and whole chickens, have grilled zucchini, bell peppers, and onions, sweet potatoes and salad.  I think Debbie's going to bake a black forest cake for him, too.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Congratulations, Josh!!! Keep up the good work. :) That food all sounds wonderful!!!! Happy Birthday, Marlin!!!! Thank you so much for the help with my walk. Be watching the mail for you guys. Love and miss you!