Sunday, September 27, 2009

Truck set him back

Talked to Marlin the other day and he informed me that I needed to get another job to help pay for his truck that he managed to wreck.

From what I could gather the story goes like this--they were in his truck headed back up to the cabin and he was trying to avoid potholes and ruts in the dirt road, hit some gravel on the side of the road and ran into a tree stump effectively knocking out his front right tire. The truck had to be towed into town and is estimated to be $7800 worth of damage. Thanks heavens for car insurance! We only have to pay the deductible and hopefully the premiums won't be going up. Apparently it's going to take 3 weeks to get it fixed so Marlin's plan is to finish the work on the cabin and then rent a truck to come home. Then when it's fixed he'll have to go back up to get it.

So, instead of being home this weekend, we're looking at maybe Weds. or Thurs., depending on how things go the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I sure hope he gets home soon and safe. Love you guys.

Amber Feller said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I can't believe it! It sounds like all is well, but good grief! I can't wait to give him a big hug and tell him how thankful I am for him. It is amazing how much you miss something when its gone. I can't wait to see him!