Monday, August 23, 2010

First 5K

I did it! My first 5K!!! Of course I didn't do it alone. I wrangled everyone I could to do it with me. I managed to get Josh, Taylor (Josh's friend), Aleca and her kids and Heather (a friend from work) to come suffer with me. Josh and Taylor took 2nd & 3rd place for their age group and they didn't even try (I don't think they did anyway). It was great to cross the finish line, though. I wasn't able to run the whole thing though so I think I'll keep trying.

While we were out running, Marlin went up to Deer Creek to do some fishing and wait for us to finish the race. He managed to catch one before it got too hot. When we got done with the race we joined him up there and bbq'ed some burgers and then he pulled the kids on the tube for a bit. It was a great day but boy was I sore from the race.

No comments: