Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I'm back!

I know, I know--it's been a VERY long time since I've been here. Sorry. can't believe the cummer is almost over and a new school year is getting ready to start. Let's see if I can update on some of the things that's happened over the last couple of months.....

We actually took a family vacation this year! We spent 5 days on a houseboat at Lake Powell. We included my mom & dad, and sister, niece and nephew. There was a 80's high school reunion going as well which my sis & I attended but the most fun was the time at the lake (duh!). I got to spend some time with my girlfriend, Genia, and her husband; who was kind enough to bring his guitar and entertain us for the night. Marlin also invited some friends from Prescott to join us. We all had a great time!

Josh has been doing his usual summer stuff--early morning (5 am) swim practice, then home for a little nap, then maybe some chores, then computer games the rest of the day. Repeat, repeat. He did spend a week at scout camp up in the Uintah's where he earned 5 badges. He's really close now for getting that Eagle. He's now getting ready to start school (9th grade-can you believe it????)

Marlin has had neck surgery for some disk decompression. It's been 3 weeks now and hopefully it's getting better. He's just been holding the recliner down for now but hopefully he'll be back into the swing of things soon.

I am trying to train for a 5K that Wasatch is doing on the 21st of the month. I had set a goal for myself to be able to run the whole way but the way things are going, that's not going to happen. So, I will complete the 5K but I'm going to keep that goal for myself. I would like to be able to say that I ran the whole way for at least 1 race.

2 comments:

Holly said...

welcome back! glad Josh had fun at camp. Wish we were still around to be apart of the scouting. :( Good luck with your race and you are an amazing person. I love ya!

Tyson and Angela said...

Well, welcome back stranger! :) Glad you guys are doing well! I am also glad Marlin's surgery went well and he is recovering! You are amazing! I am excited to read about your race. I don't think I could ever do that, so you are quite the woman! GO Becky!! Love ya!